When Diet and Exercise isn't enough
it's your time to Thrive Again!! At New Self we take a comprehensive and personalized approach to address the underlying causes of health issues, including weight management. While functional medicine may include lifestyle modifications, dietary changes, and stress management, the inclusion of medications such as GLP-1 receptor agonists for medical weight loss is possible in certain cases. Here's how functional medicine might incorporate GLP-1 for weight loss:
New Self practitioners conduct a thorough evaluation of an individual's health, considering factors like genetics, environment, lifestyle, and overall well-being.
The assessment may include identifying hormonal imbalances, metabolic issues, and other factors contributing to weight gain.
Personalized Treatment Plans
New Self emphasizes personalized treatment plans tailored to the individual's unique needs and circumstances.
GLP-1 medications, known for their effects on blood sugar regulation and appetite control, may be considered as part of a personalized treatment plan for weight loss.
GLP-1 agonists plays a role in regulating insulin and glucagon, impacting blood sugar levels and metabolism.
In cases where hormonal imbalances contribute to weight gain, addressing these imbalances, possibly with the use of GLP-1 receptor agonists, may also play an integral role.
New Self typically includes lifestyle modifications such as dietary changes, exercise recommendations, and stress management strategies.
GLP-1 medications may complement these lifestyle modifications by helping to control appetite, sugar and junk food cravings in the support of weight loss efforts.
Monitoring and Adjustments
Here at New Self we will conduct regular monitoring of progress and make personalized adjustments to the treatment plan as needed.
If GLP-1 medications are the appropriate fit for you, monitoring is key to insure optimal and sustained long-term success.
More on the benefits of GLP-1 Agonists
Blood Sugar Control:
- Semaglutide helps regulate blood sugar levels by stimulating insulin release and inhibiting glucagon secretion. This is especially beneficial for individuals with type 2 diabetes.
- One notable benefit of semaglutide is its impact on weight. It has been studied and approved as a medication for weight management in individuals with or without diabetes.
- Semaglutide can lead to significant weight loss by reducing appetite and promoting a feeling of fullness.
- Some GLP-1 receptor agonists, including semaglutide, have demonstrated cardiovascular benefits.
- Studies have shown a reduction in major cardiovascular events in people with type 2 diabetes who use semaglutide.
Lowering Blood Pressure:
- Semaglutide may contribute to a reduction in blood pressure, providing additional cardiovascular benefits.
Improved Beta-Cell Function:
- GLP-1 receptor agonists like semaglutide can improve beta-cell function in the pancreas, helping to enhance insulin secretion and maintain glucose homeostasis.
- Some individuals may experience improvements in gastrointestinal symptoms such as bloating and indigestion.
- There is evidence suggesting potential renal protective effects of semaglutide, which can be important for individuals with diabetes who are at risk of kidney complications.
One Simple Step to get started TODAY!!
Let's start with getting you scheduled to meet Jill! This is your first step to Thriving Again!! Once you schedule your introductory appointment the journey to Thriving again begins! On this call, Jill will discuss your current health concerns, weight loss goals, along with how we can help in getting started.Schedule Today
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should not take GLP-1 Agonists?
Does your staffed Physician Assistant Prescribe Medications?
Do you replace my Medical Doctor?
What if I don't have a pharmacy that compounds medications?
Do you accept Insurance Plans?
Do you offer payment plans?
What type of training has your team had?
So if you're tired of...
- suffering through endless fad diets and exercise programs that leave you frustrated and on a diet-binge cycle
- not at all happy with energy levels and left with a feeling of constant fatigue
- constantly suffering from physical discomfort due to weight in your joints, and challenges with consistent mobility
- stressing over your weight leading to depression and anxiety, social stresses and discrimination
- worrying about your overall health due to excessive weight and what chronic health issues it may lead to